This page supplements the informational resources found on the Census home page. It provides teaching materials that have been created to help adults (or children) understand the importance of the Census, how to participate in it, and the questions it raises about data accuracy and security. NELRC is developing additional lessons and sharing census-focused texts from the “Stand Up and Be Counted” issue of The Change Agent.
- Census Bureau activities for adult ESOL
- Census online practice forms (PDF)
- The Census Bureau’s Statistics in Schools resources have some adult education links and some activities using census data
- Census Lesson Plan
- Bring The Change Agent’s Call for Articles into the classroom and encourage your students to write for the “Stand Up and Be Counted” issue, forthcoming in February 2020
- Census lessons: History of the census, the race questions, the risk of an undercount, ways to use census data (forthcoming)
The Change Agent Magazine
The Change Agent provides socially relevant content, powerful student writing that inspires discussion, and ready-to-use, CCR-aligned lesson plans – all oriented toward a multi-level audience.